WorkCover QLD is an insurance policy available to almost all working Queenslanders. WorkCover aims to provide treatment, rehabilitation and support for anyone that suffers from injury or illness as a result of a workplace incident.
You should keep in mind that WorkCover is still an insurance company. Therefore, it is critical that the clinic and clinicians who are looking after you understand how to get the best outcomes for their patients.
Here at Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy Australia, we are experts in dealing with WorkCover for Physio. We work with them, for you, to get the funding and treatment needed to support you through your difficult times.
Am I eligible?
If you have been injured in a not-at-fault motor vehicle incident, and have suffered from illness as a result of that incident, then you are most likely entitled to rehabilitation that is funded partially or completely by the CTP insurer of the at-fault vehicle.
What exactly is covered?
- The CTP insurer will generally cover most, if not all medical expenses associated with the incident. With that said, prior approval is necessary for most services, including physiotherapy.
- With regards to any items purchased, there will be an out-of-pocket expense. However, if the receipt is presented to your lawyer, the cost will be reimbursed, usually when the claim is completed and settled.
- Items can only be claimed in this way if they are recommended by your health professional.
- The CTP insurer, in order to have them covered, and have no out-of-pocket expense, must preapprove any scans or other treatment received.
What do I need to do?
- Report the accident to the police – You will need the Police Accident Report Reference Number for your claim.
- You will then have to complete a Notice of Accident Claim Form (Non-Fatal Injury)
- Visit your GP.
• In the above form, you will find a medical certificate that needs to be filled out by your doctor.
• To be covered by the CTP insurer for injuries sustained in the incident, you must tell your GP.
• It is important that you tell your GP everything, even if you feel it is insignificant, otherwise the insurer may claim that an injury is not part of the claim.
- Visit your lawyer.
• Your lawyer can advise you on what sort of claim you’re entitled to, and how to go about having the claim opened. They will also need to fill out the Law Practice Certificate in the above form.
- Visit us!
• Once the claim has been opened, if the GP recommends that you seek physiotherapy, this is where you should come to see us.
• At Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy Australia, we will fight for you to get the help that you deserve from your CTP insurer.
Why choose Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy Australia for my treatment?
At Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy Australia, we are experts in dealing with CTP insurers, in order to get the best possible outcome for you, the patient. As we see many CTP cases, we know how to work with your lawyers, doctors and CTP insurers, to get you the support you need. We work alongside experts in all manner of injuries and legal proceedings associated with them. From the head (aches) to the toes, we can look after you.
Conditions we deal with:
- Injury to lower, middle and/or upper back e.g. from a side impact accident, or if the accident occurred while your body is rotated
- Lower limbs including hip, knee or ankle injuries e.g. injury from the impact of the car stopping suddenly with your foot on the brake
- Neck and whiplash related injuries e.g. from a nose-to-tail accident, or side-impact accident
- Upper limbs including shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand injuries
- Headache, and headache related symptoms e.g. post-concussion syndrome, cervicogenic headaches, or migraines
A Team Approach
At Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy Australia, we use a multifaceted and holistic approach when treating our patients. We understand that motor vehicle accidents can often lead to a variety of conditions, and can result in anxiety around driving. This is especially with traffic situations that are similar to the one that caused the injury. Due to loss of function and loss of ability to provide it can sometimes all lead to depression.
In such cases, it is vital to receive a referral to a health professional that is equipped to help you with these symptoms. At Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy Australia, we work with specialists, such as psychologists, counsellors and orthopaedic specialists. We also work with general practitioners and specialised motor vehicle injury lawyers. All of this is in order to achieve the best outcome for you and to allow you to get your life back to normal.