Injury Prevention: Work and Play at Your Best
Injury prevention programs are essential for any competitive sporting team or athlete to reduce the quantity and severity of injuries on and off-season. Injury prevention isn’t just for the best of the best. Studies have shown that proper injury prevention training can help reduce the possibility of injuries for all people at all levels of competitive sport. As physiotherapists, it is our duty of care to not only treat those who have fallen to injury, but provide services to prevent injury where able, to the best of our ability, whether it be in the workplace or on the sporting field.
Injury Prevention Program Assessments:
- Setting Injury Risk (workplace/sporting field)
- Individual Injury Risk (Ergonomics/Player position)
- Sport Specific Injury Risk (Soccer, Basketball, Netball, Swimming)
- Work Specific Injury Risk (Tradesman, Office worker)
- Return to Work Assessment (Functional Capacity Evaluation)
Examples: Setting Injury Risk (Workplace)
- Computer work station
- Standing work station
- OH&S Requirements Assessment
- Office chairs
Examples: Individual Injury Risk (Basketball)
- Level of play
- Player Position (Guard versus Forward)
- Frequency of training
- Strength Assessment
- Body type
Injury Prevention Programs
At Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy Australia we have developed Injury Prevention Assessments and Programs for workplaces and athletes of all levels.
Call us on 1800 992 999 or Email us at [email protected] to book an appointment with one of our physiotherapists today, to get started on your injury prevention program so that you can work and play at your best!