WorkCover QLD is an insurance policy available to almost all working Queenslanders. WorkCover aims to provide treatment, rehabilitation and support for anyone that suffers from injury or illness as a result of a workplace incident.
You should keep in mind that WorkCover is still an insurance company. Therefore, it is critical that the clinic and clinicians who are looking after you understand how to get the best outcomes for their patients.
Here at Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy Australia, we are experts in dealing with WorkCover for Physio. We work with them, for you, to get the funding and treatment needed to support you through your difficult times.
Am I eligible for WorkCover?
If you’ve been injured in a workplace incident, or have suffered from illness as a result of your occupation, then you are most likely entitled to rehabilitation that is funded partially or completely by WorkCover.
What exactly is covered?
- Most of the time, WorkCover will approve a series of 5 treatment sessions, ie. WorkCover Physio Following the initial 5 treatment sessions, your physiotherapist may (and most likely will) request more, depending on how your condition is progressing.
- Most items that the physiotherapist suggests for you will be covered directly by WorkCover, and there will be no out-of-pocket expenses for you.
- Usually, WorkCover will cover the full cost of your treatment. Occasionally you may be charged a gap, depending on the service provided, but this is rare.
- WorkCover may also cover other aspects of your recovery, such as income support, but this is determined on a case-by-case scenario, and is outside the scope of the physiotherapist.
What do I need to do?
- It is vital that you have reported the incident to your supervisor or workplace health and safety officer. In some cases, it may be required for your employer to notify Workplace Health and Safety Queensland. For more information on reporting incidents, see here.
- The second thing you will need is a Work Capacity Certificate from your GP. For a WorkCover case to be opened, your GP will need to confirm that there is an injury or illness present.
- The third thing you will need to do is present this information to WorkCover, along with the other items listed on their website. There are several ways to go about this.
- Please keep in mind that your case for compensation (and therefore treatment) is stronger if you can go through this process quickly.
Once WorkCover approves your case, it is time to get in touch with us. It is our job to provide you with the treatment and education needed to get you back to work, and back to your normal life, as quickly as possible.
Why Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy Australia for my WorkCover physio treatment?
At Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy Australia, we are experts in dealing with WorkCover for physio, in order to get the best outcome for you, the patient. As we see many WorkCover cases, we know what it takes to get you the support you need. On top of this, we have experts in all manner of injuries working with us at our clinics. From the head (aches) to the toes, we can look after your injuries.
Conditions we deal with:
- Injury to lower, middle and/or upper back e.g. as a result of a lifting related injury
- Lower limbs including hip, knee or ankle injuries e.g. as a result of a fall, or rolling the ankle
- Neck and whiplash related injuries e.g. as a result of a car accident while travelling to or from work
- Upper limbs including shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand injuries e.g. as a result of a fall on an outstretched arm
- Headache, and headache related symptoms e.g. migraines, cervicogenic headaches, or post-concussion syndrome
- Systemic conditions including rheumatoid disorders and fibromyalgia
A Team Approach
At Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy Australia, we treat our patients with a multifaceted and holistic approach. We understand that accidents at work can often lead to a variety of conditions, and can result in anxiety with returning to work activities. In some cases, this includes depression (as a result of loss of function and ability to provide). In these situations, it is critical to be referred to the appropriate services.
At Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy Australia, we work with specialists, such as orthopaedic specialists. We also work with psychologists, counsellors, general practitioners, and specialised workplace injury lawyers. This is to ensure the best possible outcome for your case.